This Breakfast Sandwich Recipe is a fast and easy meal prep with great macros.
For comparisons sake, let’s take everyones favourite on-the-go breakfast sandwich, the Egg McMuffin:
310 Calories with a measly 17 grams of protein.
Our version has the exact same amount of calories as McDonald’s, except it has 26 grams of protein.
You can make this Breakfast Sandwich Recipe as a one-off – or scale it and stockpile your freezer with an easy breakfast meal prep.
You can watch the full video, with a bunch of extra tips and tricks (including how I heat them up from the freezer) here.
Breakfast Sandwich Meal Prep
- 1 Egg
- 3 slices Low Fat Ham
- 1 English Muffin
- 12 g Low Fat Mozzarella
- Cooking Spray
- Salt and Pepper to taste
Chipotle Mayo (Optional)
- 1 tsp Chipotle Powder
- 1 tbsp Low Fat Mayo
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Spray a muffin tin with cooking spray and crack your eggs into each space. Season with salt and pepper and bake for 10 minutes1 Egg, Cooking Spray, Salt and Pepper
- While the eggs are in the oven, prepare your english muffins. Use a fork, or your hands, to gently open them. (See video for tips) Place the sliced ham onto the bottoms of each muffin.3 slices Low Fat Ham, 1 English Muffin
- After 10 minutes, remove the pan from the oven and sprinkle the cheese on top. Return to the oven and bake for another 5 minutes, until the cheese has melted.12 g Low Fat Mozzarella
- While the cheese is melting, evenly spread your chipotle mayo onto the muffin tops.
- When the cheese has melted, use a spatula or fork to gently scoop the cheesy egg onto the sliced ham, before topping with the other side of the muffin, and enjoy!
- If making ahead, allow the sandwiches to cool fully before wrapping them in tin foil and placing them in the freezer.
- To a small bowl, add the chipotle powder. Add a splash of hot water and stir until a paste forms.1 tsp Chipotle Powder
- Season with salt and add the mayo, before mixing thoroughly.1 tbsp Low Fat Mayo, Salt and Pepper
Did you make this Breakfast Sandwich Recipe?
Post your creation, and be sure to tag me on Instagram! @marra_strength
Looking for another great breakfast option?
Check out thisHealthy Breakfast Hash Recipe! (Just 449 calories and 33g of protein)
Note about dieting for weight loss:
I recommend tracking your calorie intake using an application if you want to ensure you’re on the right track.
Here’s my favourite app for that: MacroFactor (use code MARRA for a free trial).
See you next time!