This healthy breakfast hash recipe is everything you want in a meal: high-protein, delicious, filling, and satisfying.
Whenever I go out for breakfast, a hash is my go-to guilty pleasure order.
But when it arrives drowning in butter with full-fat everything – it’s not exactly diet-friendly!
So, I challenged myself to make a delicious breakfast hash that won’t break your calorie budget. And wow – did I ever succeed!
Loaded with both flavour and protein, this is the perfect way to enjoy a savoury breakfast that will keep you full until lunch.
Watch the full process here, or at the bottom of this page.
High-Protein Breakfast Hash
- 3 slices chicken Bacon
- 2 cups Kale chopped
- 1/2 Medium Sweet Potato peeled and cubed
- 1/2 onion diced
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 tbsp Cumin
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- Microwave chopped sweet potato for 4 minutes on high. While you wait, prepare the remainder of your ingredients.1/2 Medium Sweet Potato
- Sautée Sweet Potato, Onion, and Turkey Bacon for 3 minutes, or until soft.3 slices chicken Bacon, 1/2 Medium Sweet Potato, 1/2 onion
- Add Kale, Cumin, Garlic Powder, Salt and Pepper to taste, and cover for 3 more minutes, until greens are wilted.1/2 tbsp Cumin, 1 tsp Garlic Powder, 2 cups Kale
- Create 3 nests in the vegetable mixture, and crack one egg into each nest, making sure they touch the pan at the bottom. Season eggs with salt and pepper, and cover for 2-5 minutes, or until you reach your preferred yolk consistency.3 eggs
- Serve your hash on a plate, and enjoy!