This is the BEST High-Protein Hot Chocolate recipe.
Hell – this might even be the best hot chocolate recipe ever – our taste-testers certainly think so!
Have you ever ordered (or made) a hot chocolate and ended up scalding your mouth on a sad, watery drink, with only a hint of chocolate?
Well this recipe is nothing like that.
Creamy, chocolatey, and better than you could have imagined.
It’s that good.
The macros for the BEST High-Protein Hot Chocolate are what really set this apart.
42 grams of protein
If you’re tired of being let down by hot chocolates, this is a must-try.
Check out the full video, with a bunch of extra tips and tricks here.
The BEST High-Protein Hot Chocolate
- 1 scoop Revolution Nutrition Vanilla Cake Protein Powder note 1
- 12 grams Cocoa Powder note 2
- 250 ml Fat Free Fairlife Milk note 3
- Pinch of salt
- 1-2 packets sugar twin note 4
- The key to a creamy consistency is properly mixing your ingredients. Add your dry ingredients to a microwave-safe mug, and mix well, breaking up any clumps.1 scoop Revolution Nutrition Vanilla Cake Protein Powder, 12 grams Cocoa Powder, Pinch of salt, 1-2 packets sugar twin
- To incorporate your milk without clumps, add it to to your mug a splash or two at a time. Start small and mix well. When you have about a third of the milk added, you should have a thick, brownie batter consistency.Add another third of your milk and mix well, ensuring there are no clumps, before adding the rest of the milk.It may take an extra minute or two, but the end result is well worth it!As you mix, take care to scrape the sides and bottom of your mug.To make mixing easier, use a mug with a curved bottom. This will reduce the amount of mix that might remain unincorporated.
- When you have fully combined your milk and chocolate mix, place in the microwave. Heat for 1.5-2 minutes, pausing to stir in 30-45 second intervals.
- Top with optional whipped cream and chocolate shavings if you're feeling fancy, and enjoy!
Did you make The BEST High-Protein Hot Chocolate?
Let me know!
Post your creation, and be sure to tag me on Instagram! @marra_strength
Looking for an after dinner treat?
Check out this High-Protein Brownie Recipe – with 30g of protein!
Note about dieting for weight loss:
I recommend tracking your calorie intake using an application if you want to ensure you’re on the right track.
Here’s my favourite app for that: MacroFactor (use code MARRA for a free trial).
See you next time!