As soon as the weather started to turn colder here in Canada, I knew exactly what I needed to make.
It brought to mind a memory of a cold day, many years ago–
I’m not interested in waxing poetic about the “healing power of soup” (or some other random BS) so let me save you all of the usual recipe blog scrolling.
Whether you want a warm meal tonight or for the week – this chicken soup recipe is the perfect comfort food.
Especially since you know you’ll get a whopping 57 grams of protein in each serving!
For all of my fellow MacroFactor lovers out there, you can add this recipe directly to the app by clicking here (while on mobile).
Not using MacroFactor yet? Click here to learn how I use it to make losing weight easy! Use code MARRA to get an extended free trial.
High Protein Chicken Soup Meal Prep
- 1500 grams Chicken Breast diced
- 750 grams potatoes, yellow-fleshed diced
- 1 large onion, white or yellow diced
- 1 bunch Celery diced
- 1 large Carrot diced
- 4 cloves Fresh Garlic minced
- 1 thumb Fresh Ginger minced
- 20 grams Butter (salted)
- 6 tbsp Bouillion paste (substitute with chicken broth)
- 1.5 litres boiling water or chicken stock
- Heat a large pot over medium heat, adding butter and diced onions. Cook for 2-3 minutes while stirring.
- Stir in the remaining vegetables, ginger, and garlic.
- Add the cubed chicken and boiling stock, mix. Cover and bring to a boil. Simmer for 5-10 minutes or until chicken is cooked and veggies are tender.
- Season with salt, pepper, and chilli flakes to taste!