This Healthy Beef and Broccoli Stir Fry is a quick and delicious high-protein meal.
This is my new go-to copycat takeout recipe – and I’m confident it will be yours too!
Tender beef + loads of crisp broccoli = the perfect diet meal.
Check out how our healthy beef and broccoli stir fry stacks up against some alternatives you might have had in the past.
Even though the calories are similar across the board, our recipe has twice the amount of protein!
Full of flavour and whole ingredients, this Healthy Beef and Broccoli Stir Fry is sure to be a staple in your kitchen.
Healthy Beef and Broccoli Stir Fry (High-Protein + Low-Calorie)
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 150 g lean outside round beef steak sliced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1/4 cup water
Stir Fry Sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 tsp Sesame seeds optional garnish
- In a small bowl, massage the sliced beef with the ginger, garlic, salt and pepper until fully combined.150 g lean outside round beef steak, 2 cloves garlic, 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, 1/4 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Heat a pan over medium-high heat, and add the oil once hot. Add the beef mixture to the pan and cook until *just* browned, flipping as needed. It's important not to overcook the beef - it will continue to cook later.1 teaspoon canola oil, 150 g lean outside round beef steak
- While the beef is browning, in a small bowl combine the ingredients for the sauce and whisk together until no clumps remain.1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes, 1 1/2 tablespoon soy sauce, 1 teaspoon sesame oil, 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- Remove the beef mixture from the pan and set aside. Add the broccoli florets and water to the pan and cover for 3-5 minutes, or until bright green. You want to ensure the broccoli is tender but with a slight crunch.2 cups broccoli florets, 1/4 cup water
- To the pan with broccoli, add the beef and sauce, and stir to combine fully. Cook for 1-2 more minutes to allow the sauce to thicken.
- Transfer your meal to a plate, garnish with sesame seeds and enjoy!1 tsp Sesame seeds
Post your creation, and be sure to tag me on Instagram! @marra_strength
Note about dieting for weight loss:
I recommend tracking your calorie intake using an application if you want to ensure you’re on the right track.
Here’s my favourite app for that: MacroFactor (use code MARRA for a free trial).
See you next time!